- Sustainable Choice is not bound to strictly comply with the Australian Privacy Principles or the Privacy Act, but we think it is important to show you what information we collect, what we will and won’t do with your personal info, as well as how we collect, store, and handle personal info.
- accessing our Sites (including our website sustainablechoice.com, online content on platforms, and presence on third-party applications and social media platforms),
- sending us information (such as an email or enquiry form message),
- buying products and services from us, or
- as set out in our Site Terms or other agreement with you.
Collecting and using your information
Collect: What kind of personal information do we collect?
Examples We can’t contact you if we don’t have your contact details. We can’t customise your experience if you don’t set up an account.
Depending on how we interact with you, we might collect some or all the following information:
- Contact: Name, age, email address, date of birth, address, phone number, ID verification
- Social: Gender, social media platform details, associated accounts like Google, Facebook, and information you give us through them; images of you; your preferences and opinions
- Device: Device type, IP address, browser type, operating system, location, device, and network information
- Actions: How you interact with our Site, browser session and geo-location data, search queries and browsing behaviour, details of enquiries you make about our products or services
- Financial: Purchase history, payment method (through our third-party payment processor), products bought, bank account details
- Content: Communications, stored documents and media you send to us
- Location: Delivery address, geo-tag location, publicly available check in data
Use: Why do we collect, hold, use, and disclose your personal info?
- To communicate with you, to market our products and services to you, to tell you important service updates,
- To verify identity or address and delivery information,
- To provide Site functionality,
- To take payment and to give refunds,
- For internal record keeping, invoicing, and billing,
- For analytics, market research and business development, including to run and improve our Site
- For marketing, to send you promotional information about us and our products and services and information about third parties we think you might be interested in,
- To comply with our legal obligations or to resolve disputes,
- To consider your application to join our team.
Opting in and opting out: Changing your preferences
We may give you the option to ‘follow’ certain brands and opt in to receive special offers and communications from us and our Site members.
You can change your preferences for marketing communications at any time by:
- Updating your preferences in our preference centre (including asking us to delete your account), or
- clicking on the link in our communications to unsubscribe.
Store: How do we store and secure your personal information?
To help prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have general physical, electronic and management processes to help secure and store personal information and protect it from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
- We cannot guarantee information you send to or receive from us via the internet is 100% secure.
Who do we share your personal information with?
We may share some of your personal information with the following people and businesses:
- Our Site members and partners you opt in to follow
- Our employees, contractors, and related entities
- Our service providers, such as IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, delivery, graphic design, marketing, and other professional advisors and payment systems operators
- Our existing or potential agents or business partners, sponsors, or promoters of any competition we run
- Anyone we transfer our business or assets to
- Credit reporting agencies, courts, or authorities if you do not pay for our goods or services
- Authorised law enforcement agencies who follow the legally required processes, or in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights
- Third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who help us in providing information, products, services, or direct marketing to you. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of Australia
- Third parties to collect and process data, such as Google Analytics or other relevant businesses, including those that store data outside Australia.
Sharing personal information outside Australia
Some suppliers we use to provide you services are located outside Australia.
- We may disclose your personal information outside Australia. Overseas third parties might not be governed by the Privacy Act and might not comply with the Australian Privacy Principles. So if those parties breach the Privacy Principles, you aren’t protected by the Privacy Act.
- By giving us your personal information, you consent to us disclosing it outside Australia and acknowledge we aren’t required to ensure overseas recipients manage your personal information in line with AU Privacy Law.
Other technical details
- Cookies are small text files placed in your computer’s browser to store your preferences.
- On their own, cookies do not tell us your personal information however, they let others like Google and Facebook, push our adverts to appear on your social media and online media as part of our marketing.
- If you give us personal information, we may link this to the data stored in the cookie.
🚨 Web beacons: Do we use web beacons?
Yes, we may use web beacons on our Site from time to time.
- Web beacons are small pieces of code placed in a web page or email to monitor behaviour of site visitors and email recipients.
- We may also use Google Analytics to collect and process data. For more details on how Google uses data when you use third party websites or apps, please search Google’s site.
Links to other websites
Our Sites have links to other websites and applications that we don’t control. We cannot and do not protect personal information you share with those other websites. Check those other websites for details of their privacy policies.
Yes, we will change this Policy if we change the way we manage your personal information changes or privacy laws change.
When we do, we put the updated policy on our Sites and, if possible, we also let you know via email.
Please contact us if you have questions!
- Let us know if you have questions or concerns about how we use your personal information.
- You are responsible for the accuracy of information you decide to give us.
- If the information we hold about you is incomplete, irrelevant, or otherwise incorrect, please let us know so we can fix it.
- We appreciate your feedback and insights to improve how we manage information.
For more information on Australian privacy law, visit www.oaic.gov.au or contact OAIC via email@example.com.
For questions or notices, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Policy last updated: Sep 2021