Kraft Heinz Company

This page has not been claimed, do you represent this business? Claim this page

Kraft Heinz Company Sustainability

To sustainably grow by delighting more consumers globally

“The state of world events demands that global companies like ours step up to the plate. To help feed the world. To demand justice and equality. To help create a healthier and more sustainable environment. To help create a fairer world for all of us." - CEO Miguel Patricio

About Kraft Heinz Company

  • Status
  • Unverified
  • Employees
  • 500+
  • Industry
  • Food & Beverages

Kraft Heinz Company Sustainability Actions

/

Working to Alleviate Global Hunger

The Kraft Heinz Company Foundation (Kraft Heinz Foundation) pursues its mission through strategic partnerships with organizations that have programs aligned with hunger relief, nutrition support and self-sustaining food sources. Kraft Heinz employees from all corners of the world have passionately joined the Foundation through volunteer efforts towards our goals, highlighting the critical nature and immediacy of our work in alleviating world hunger. We are proud of the progress we’ve made upon our original goal to deliver 1 billion nutritious meals to those in need by 2021. At the end of 2020, through a combination of financial support and product donations, we have delivered more than 745 million meals to those in need since 2016. We have put our foot on the accelerator, and in 2020 we provided more than 206 million meals to people in need. Our current total for 2019-2020 has now broached 345 million meals to those in need toward our new 1.5 billion meal target by 2025 – we’re 23 percent of the way there.

/

Waste Reduction

At Kraft Heinz, we think about waste holistically. To source, produce and package food and beverage products requires several inputs and outputs related to ingredients and byproducts, material flows and end-of-life package considerations. When we think about materials and food-related flows, detailed waste evaluations help us identify where we can ‘reduce, repurpose and recycle.’ In fact, our global owned manufacturing sites divert more than 90 percent of our solid waste to recycling or byproducts usage. We look forward to increasing diversion from landfill for the remaining less than 10 percent. As of December 31, 2020, about 10 percent of Kraft Heinz global manufacturing facilities had achieved zero-waste-to-landfill status. We’re working to achieve zero-waste at additional sites by standardizing, replicating and rolling out these best practices as broadly as possible across our network in partnership with third- party service providers.

/

Designing for Recyclability

Kraft Heinz is a member of the Association of Plastic Recyclers (APR), the international trade association representing the plastics recycling industry, leveraging the APR Design® Guide for Plastics Recyclability to help design recyclable plastic packaging. Additionally, Kraft Heinz is a member of the Sustainable Packaging Coalition (SPC), a membership-based collaborative that believes in the power of industry to make packaging more sustainable. The SPC works to make packaging that is good for people and the environment, in support of its mission to “bring packaging sustainability stakeholders together to catalyze actionable improvements to packaging systems and lend an authoritative voice on issues related to packaging sustainability.” Flexible Packaging Recycled into Roofing Material: In 2020, Kraft Heinz completed a pilot project to demonstrate the use of roof board made from recycled flexible packaging. The test was made possible by the Company’s participation in Materials Recovery For the Future (MRFF), a non-profit research collaborative that set out to determine the technical and economic feasibility to collect, sort, bale and recycle flexible plastic packaging. The project installed roofing material made from post-consumer flexible plastic into two Kraft Heinz manufacturing plants, in Beaver Dam, Wisconsin and in Holland, Michigan. The materials were installed late in the year and comprised of 4’ X 8’ boards, with 94 percent of each board made of post-consumer recycled plastic and fiber.

See All (6)

Kraft Heinz Company Sustainability Commitments

2020

Source 100% of eggs in Europe from free-range hens

2022

Purchase 100% sustainable palm oil and 100% traceable palm oil to the mill

2022

Create a fully circular Heinz Tomato Ketchup Bottle in Europe

See All (17)

Kraft Heinz Company Partnerships

Kraft Heinz Company Recommends

Heinz® Organic Tomato Ketchup Logo

Heinz® Organic Tomato Ketchup

  

No BBQ is complete without ketchup, and those looking for an organic…

See All (1)

Kraft Heinz Company Sustainability News

Kraft Heinz Cements Climate Ambition, Commits to Carbon Neutrality by 2050

Visit Site

Stepping Up to the Plate: The Kraft Heinz Company 2021 ESG Report

Visit Site