Rate: Green Star
Founded by Green Building Council of Australia in 2003, Green Star is an internationally recognised rating system setting the standard for healthy, resilient, positive buildings and places. Developed for the Australian environment, Green Star has certified thousands of sustainable fitouts, buildings, homes and communities right across the country.
- Reducing the impact of climate change
- Enhancing our health and quality of life
- Restoring and protecting our planet’s biodiversity and ecosystems
- Driving resiliency in buildings, fitouts, and communities
- Contributing to market transformation and a sustainable economy
We may live in a great country, but most of our homes are too hot in summer and too cold in winter. Aside from being very expensive to keep comfortable, these homes can also negatively affect our physical and mental health. That’s why a Green Star Home is designed to be a comfortable, healthy home that doesn’t cost the earth. A Green Star Home is designed to the standard set by the Green Building Council of Australia and independently assessed against three key criteria essential for the future:
- Positive: Fully electric, draught sealed, efficient and powered by renewables
- Healthy: Ventilated, comfortable, with products that are better for you
- Resilient: Water efficient and climate change ready
Make a healthy choice for your family and the environment. Ask your homebuilder about Green Star Homes. The new standard in homes.